I loved learning about Mary! Her story was full of joy, even among hardship.
Click on the right arrow below to scroll through and see what I learned about Mary!
Mary Caroline Jensen
Here are a few fun facts that made me feel a little more connected to her…
- She was married in the Manti Temple at the age of 20.
- I was married in the same Temple at the age of 19!
- Same place, close to the same age, 114 years apart!
- They lived in a community right next to Eureka, Utah. A once busy mining town.
- We love driving out there and have taken our kids several times to explore! So fun to find out they lived there!
- She had a lot of children! 11 Girls & 2 boys (on the very end)
- A daughter wrote of having the happiest home life, even on little money, and with many trials.
- I also have a big family (by today’s standards) 4 Girls & 2 Boys
- I sure hope that my kids grow up to call our home the happiest home, even though we too live on a tight budget and are not free from life’s trials.
- I couldn’t believe how connected I felt to the way this daughter described their home life. It felt so much like my own, even though it was such a different time period!
It’s amazing how one afternoon, 30 minutes really, can bring so much joy and feeling of connection to someone you’ve never met.
I hope I can take a little piece of Mary with me always.
Especially as I care for so many little ones. If she can do it and they can feel so much joy under one tiny 4 bedroom miner’s home, so can I!
Please join me in the 126 Names Project!
Learn something small about 1 ancestor, 1 time a week, that’s it!
If you’d like to join publicly…
Share what you learned in a post on Instagram and use the hashtag: #126names
and tag @branches.art